Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Comments 4 Kids Mr. Brown's History Class

I love history!! In fact I was a history major before changing to mathematics. I may still minor in it because I find myself so intrigued by everything encompassing it. I was delighted by the Train Robbery clip I watched from Mr. Brown's class (wk 5). This was a silent movie from a nickelodeon circa 1903. It was incredible to see how much production, sets and general attention to detail has changed, not to mention WORDS!! These films are neat, I think, and actually require the viewer to pay attention to the details and concept of what's being presented. It also enabled to viewer to use some of their imagination to fill in the blanks of what wasn't being presented by words. The music is mood provoking and gives you a great sense of emotion regarding what is going on in the film. Movies today still have music, but it's not nearly as noticeable or emotional now as it was then.

2 comments:

  1. The Library of Congress is releasing old videos every day it seems. I don't know if that is where the Train Robbery came from, but old movies are everywhere on the web it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! I have a funny idea for Project 11 and I was wondering if you would like to team up. If so, do you have any suggestions for other team mates?

    ReplyDelete